On Friday our new neighbors and friends the Fackarels gave us some yummy fresh garden tomatoes. Travis, the culinary genius he is, thought it would be a fun activity to make some fresh salsa out of our wonderful gift. Riley and Oliver are always happy to throw on their aprons and help mom or dad out in the kitchen. Thanks to Janet and Brad for the tomatoes that offered us the inspiration for this yummy treat!
Sampling the finished product
Salsa Recipe
10 tomatoes: peeled and diced
1 large onion: diced
4 jalapenos: seeded and diced
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/2 cup green chili: diced (for a New Mexican flare!)
1 can tomato paste
1/2 cup distilled vinegar
1 tablespoon salt
2 tablespoons black pepper
After we finished the salsa we heard a huge clap of thunder and rain began pelting our house. It is monsoon season here, and therefor raging thunderstorms can come on without much warning. Since it is still August, the rain is very warm and the kids love to play in the backyard during the downpour.
7 comments:
YUMMY! There is nothing as good as garden tomatoes and your salsa looks divine! Thanks for the recipe and what cute kids!!!
Sounds Yummy! I love salsa! I can't believe Riley is in 1st grade. It seems like yesterday that I helped you in your 1st grade class. What was that little boys name in your class? You know the one I am talking about.
You were such a great teacher, and now you are a great mom. Great California pictures, looks like you had a great time!
Jamie I love your hair!! I didn't know you got it cut - good choice with the style. You look like such a chic-sexy mom. Your kids are getting so big, but you keep getting younger and prettier - is that how it's supposed to work? If not, let me know your secret.
I love fresh salsa!! I laughed out loud when I say that picture of Travis! Your kids are growing up and I am missing it. It makes me sad, but I guess that is my choice for living so far away! They are sure cuties. Give them a squeeze for me.
We made salsa the other night too! We love fresh tomatoes this time of year. Your recipe looks good, we will have to try that one. Your hair is so cute too!
Hey! I hadn't looked at your blog in a while. You've been busy! As always your family is quite photogenic! Thanks for sharing the salsa recipe, yummy!
Cute, cute kids. Playing in the rain sounds fun! Fresh salsa is the best, I still need your recipe for the kind you freeze too:)
Post a Comment