Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A Blessed day!

The weekend of March 21st we took a quick whirlwind trip up to Utah to bless Cannon. It was really nice to show him off to family and have family there to share in this special day with us. Thanks to everyone for coming on such short notice. We sure love you all. Travis did a great job on the blessing and it was cool to have all of my brothers and his brothers there to stand in the circle (and brother-in-laws..we missed you Alan).
We also made the trip to spend some special time with my Grandpa George. He has been pretty sick lately and we really wanted to have the chance to see and visit with him a bit. He is such a wonderful Grandpa and everyone who knows him falls in love with the kindness he show to all. It was also fun to get to see Grandma Melba. My kids especially love to be around her infectious laugh and love of her great-grandkids.
Our growing family

Sweet Cannon


Grandma Great with Cannon

Grandpa Great with Cannon




8 comments:

Tad and Liza said...

Such cute pictures! We wish you were still here to hunt for Easter eggs with us!

shelly said...

I just LOVE George and Melba, I always wished they were my grandparents growing up, they are the bomb!!
I'm so happy you were able to be surrounded by family on Cannon's blessing day. It seems like a small thing but I bet it's one of those things that means a lot. At least I think that's how I would feel.
By the way, you look great--I think you've got this 4 kids thing down!!

Kari said...

Oh man I wish you would have called me! I would have loved to have been there to see all the cute little Drake children and you! Next time you are up, call me and we must get together.

Celeste said...

We loved being with you all and finally getting to meet that little angel Cannon! You are doing a great job as their mom.

Kallie said...

I am glad you had a chance to get a picture of Cannon with Grandma & Grandpa, those are always special to have. I wish we would have seen you while you were here. It's great that you got to bless him here with all your family.

hcrjfrandall said...

What adorable pictures with the grandparents! You will cherish those.

Delia D'Nell said...

I love that you have a blog too! And I remember meeting your Grandma...she is such a character!

the design boss said...

I wish we could of been there too! Your family is so cute! Give them a squeeze for me.