So I have some good news and some really really good news. The good news is that on Friday Travis was offered a job and tonight he accepted it! Yes!!! Now we are no longer unemployed. He will be still in the sales field but instead of pharma sales he will be selling lasers to dentists. He is pretty excited for this change in direction and thinks it willl be a great opportunity for him and our family. I am nervous because it is 100% commission, but he assures me that the potential is really good. Also the job will cover Utah, NM, and Las Vegas. The biggest sales market is in Utah so that would make sense for us to live up there. But until our home sells it will be nice that we won't have to live apart and I won't be slely in charge of selling it (esp. good since I am prego!) So we are happy and of course sad at the same time because we are anxious to get closer to family, but we love our friends and our home here in New Mexico.
But now for the really really good news, my sister Liza has had the scare of cancer. She found a tumor in her stomach about a month ago and was sent to the Huntsman Cancer Institute. Today she had surgery to remove it. Everything went well and there was no sign of cancer---whew....we have all been holding our breath, crossing our fingers, and most importantly praying continually for her and her health. And it looks like everything will work out good for her. Honestly it has been pretty crappy to live 600 miles away from my best friend as she has heen going through one of the toughest trials of her life. What a blessing that all is working out! Way to go Lize---Love Ya!
Monday, September 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
My mom was telling me about Liza and I am SO GLAD that everything is alright. And YEAH for Travis finding a job, sounds like a great oppurtunity!
kar
Yea for you guys! I know you need to sell your house down there but I could start looking for one up here for you if you want:) Can't wait to see you and tell Travis congrats (we have four dentists in our ward if he needs referals:) )
Congratulations on Travis's new job, I know everything works out for a reason. Even though it can be stressful going through it. We are excited about you moving back.
Yeah for Travis!! I am glad that I will have the oppurtunity to see your New Mexico house before you leave it! I am so releaved to hear about Liza. That is great news!!!
Yea! That is so exciting that Travis found a job. It sounds great and a something new. We are so excited for when you can move back:) Are you thinking about moving back up by your mom or where? I was so glad to hear about Liza, she has been in our prayers.
Jamie,
I know everyone will be happy to have you back in Utah. I hope the sale of the house works out for you. I know that you feel badly about not being here for Liza. The flowers you sent her a beautiful. You should see the incision! I'll take care of her for ya, don't worry. She has lots of help.
Love,
Amy
I'm sure these are huge weights off your shoulders! I'm glad that Travis is back in business. Go get 'em! I hadn't heard about Liza. I'm glad that everything went well. Tell her we love her, too!
Jamie, I am so happy for all of your good news!
I am so happy for your family that that trial is over. It was nice seeing you today.
Yay for employment!!! I'm so glad that he's off the market. I'm sure even working on commission he'll do great.
Not saying anything about the move...
I'm also glad to hear about your sis...
Post a Comment